Thursday, August 23, 2012

No giving the Teacher no dirty looks!

School started here recently.  I'm sure all of your kid's school schedules are already on your refrigerator calender.  They probably have all their books bought, physicals signed, and you have paid for all their hot lunches. I'm sure you have attended all their band and music parent meetings as well as all the football, cross country meetings and signed up to volunteer for fundraisers and organizing all their activities.  You have probably volunteered to sit in as treasurer or secretary for the Pto as well as volunteering in the classrooms and chaperoning field trips. Is anyone feeling anxious yet?

Just a few notes today.
  •  I don't know anything about "Synaptol."  So if you see it as an advertisement here, use it at your own risk. 
  • Remember to watch out for School Buses now that School is back in session.  I still see kids standing in the street waiting for the bus... what did you expect they are kids!
  • Most schools now have web portals that allow you to check your children's grades and attendance. This is not just for elementary kids, most teenagers need to know that you are checking up on them now and again. 
  • Most teachers are pretty good at  keeping  the scores updated on the web portal.  
  • Congratulations to Mr. Phomvisay and the Teachers at MHS. An improvement in average ACT scores to 22.1. This shows we are going the right direction. 
  • One thing I never expected to hear a high school teacher repeatedly say to her class; "Don't ask Questions!"  I can think of a  response to that:  "And you call yourself a Teacher?" Really, I'm a big fan of teachers. It is easy to take things teens say out of context so I don't buy into every complaint I hear from them. However, to tell your class not to ask questions...is not teaching. 
  • Not many people added to the Free and Fun list this summer.  I will take that to mean that I have  a pretty good list. Please keep next  year in mind and if you think of a good activity this winter scroll down and add it to the list.  I will publish it again next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment